Student Information System SoftwareWith student information system software, schools can organize this information in one central repository while also providing a way for students, teachers, and parents to interact with student records and assess progress.
Learn more in our Buyers Guide
Showing 1 - 20 of 79 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Alma is a K-12 cloud-based school management solution catering to businesses of all sizes in the education industry. Core features assist users to manage school administration, generate custom reports, administer the enrollment an...Read more about Alma
SEQTA is a web-based learning management platform designed to help K-12 and IB schools manage the entire teaching workflow including parent communication, classroom management, student administration and academic analytics. It pro...Read more about SEQTA
Teach n Go
Teach n Go
**Mobile app available** **Available in multiple languages** Teach ‘n Go is the perfect all-in-one solution for managing your learning centre efficiently from anywhere, anytime, saving you the headaches of excel or outdated and ...Read more about Teach n Go
Classe365 is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) and student information system (SIS) suitable for educational institutions. The software helps educators manage their students and course content and offers blended learn...Read more about Classe365
ACADEMIA ERP / SIS
ACADEMIA ERP / SIS
Academia ERP/SIS is a complete education management solution for institutions including universities, colleges, schools, and training institutes. It is specially designed, curated, and innovative software to fulfill the needs of e...Read more about ACADEMIA ERP / SIS
Destiny One is a cloud-based student lifecycle management solution which helps colleges and universities manage higher education programs for non-traditional learners. Key features include registration, synchronous/asynchronous le...Read more about Destiny One
Ellucian is a cloud-based software provider that helps higher education institutions with professional solutions to create a connected campus. Designed for universities of all sizes, the platform provides solutions for departments...Read more about Ellucian
EMPOWER is a cloud-based student information system that supports the academic management needs of universities and colleges. This solution offers features supporting recruitment and admissions, financial aid, records and registra...Read more about EMPOWER SIS
With over 15 million users worldwide, EduWave is a cloud-based e-learning suite that provides K-12 organizations, universities, and educational administrators with learning management systems (LMS), student information systems (SI...Read more about EduWave
Edvance is a cloud-based school management solution that allows administrators to manage academic operations and enable interactions between school administration, teachers, parents and students. Their student information system e...Read more about Edvance
FACTS is a school management system that helps administrators streamline processes related to student enrollment, attendance tracking and course management. The student information system (SIS) enables teachers to generate report ...Read more about FACTS
Gradelink is a cloud-based school management solution that connects teachers, students, and parents through a single, easy-to-use platform. Schools worldwide use it to save time on managing student enrollment, attendance reporting...Read more about Gradelink
iGradePlus is a cloud-based school management solution designed for individual instructors, schools and colleges. Key features include student and class management, school and district management, grade management, attendance and ...Read more about iGradePlus
MMS OnLine is a cloud-based student information management system designed for K-12 schools. It supports database management, grading, staff and teacher scheduling, assessment reporting, attendance tracking and health and state re...Read more about MMS OnLine
MySchoolWorx is a cloud-based school management system designed to help educational institutions manage online enrollment, student records and parent communications on a centralized dashboard. Teachers can utilize the assignment m...Read more about MySchoolWorx
MyStudentsProgress is a cloud-based school information management platform designed for K-12 private schools, dioceses and other educational organizations. Primary features include emergency alerts, report card management, attenda...Read more about MyStudentsProgress.com
Orbund is a cloud-based education management solution for training institutes, higher education, and universities. Primary features include an online application, lead forms, registration portal, instructor portal, administrator p...Read more about Orbund
Vision SIS is a cloud-based system that helps K-12 private and public schools manage and utilize student information, improving engagement and learning outcomes across hierarchical structures in the education sector. The centraliz...Read more about Vision SIS
EdOptim is a web-based student information management system designed to help businesses in the education industry streamline communication with students and parents. It lets teachers share various information with parents, includ...Read more about EdOptim
MilGrasp is a cloud and mobile-based school management solution designed to help educational institutions manage students, staff, parents, exams, timetable and more. The platform comes with a user management module, which enables ...Read more about MilGrasp
Popular Student Information System Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: August 02, 2022
Software Applications for Student Information System
Managing a school’s student records is a complicated process as students matriculate each year, semester, or in some cases even for a single course or class session. Each student brings a mountain of personal data, course progress information, and registration records that require careful administration.
With student information system software, schools can organize this information in one central repository while also providing a way for students, teachers, and parents to interact with student records and assess progress.
This guide will help you understand what student information system software is, as well as the various factors that should be considered when choosing a student information system software solution.
Here’s what we'll cover:
- What is student information system software?
- Common features of student information system software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of student information system software
- Market trends
What is student information system software?
Student information system software helps educational organizations record vital student information, schedule courses, and manage student billing. The software also helps teachers assign materials and record grades while simultaneously providing a portal for students and parents to track progress, grades, and disciplinary issues. By serving as a central data repository for student records, student information system software also helps provide educators with statistical analysis and reporting.
Common features of student information system software
While features vary from product to product, student information system software typically offers some or all of the following functionality:
|Admissions management||Direct the registration and admission process for existing and new students and record pertinent student data.|
|Gradebook||Provide a secure place for teachers to track students’ scores and grades on course materials, exams, and participation.|
|Reporting and statistics||Allow teachers and administrators to create customizable reports about students, courses, and matriculation.|
|Student management||Use a database of students to track personal information, such as parental contact information, educational needs, and tuition.|
|Attendance management||Record student attendance and notify parents, teachers, and administrators of lapses.|
|Class registration||Provide an online portal for students to register for classes.|
|Class scheduling||Allow teachers and administrators to schedule class times while taking into account other classes that are in high demand.|
|Discipline management||Record and track disciplinary interactions with students, view individual student's discipline records, and create notifications for parents.|
|Fee collection||Automatically invoice recurring fees or tuition from students and parents and provide account statements.|
|Report cards||Generate report cards for students' performance.|
What type of buyer are you?
- K-12 schools: Schools that host kindergarten through 12th grade students often require more than a simple registrar system to facilitate daily processes.These buyers need a student information system that allows teachers and administrators to track student behavior, attendance, grades, and contact information for parents and students. Paper-free student disciplinary tracking allows schools to keep an accurate record of student incidents for future referral.
- Higher education: It's crucial for education institutions such as trade schools and universities to use a software solution that helps track student registration information and facilitate the registration process. Higher education college classes often fill up before the school year even begins, signaling a need for an accurate student registration system. These buyers should look for a student information system that allows both students and administrators to register for courses without hassle.
Benefits of student information systems software
- Improves parental involvement: Student information system software gives parents a way to instantly access information about their child’s progress. Using an online portal and messaging, teachers can more proactively inform parents of their child’s educational progress, keep them updated on attendance issues, and notify them of potential behavior problems.
- Maximizes teaching resources: By giving teachers and administrators a scheduling mechanism, student information system software helps school administration create schedules that provide the right amount of class offerings while maximizing classroom space.
- Organizes class records: Student information system software allows teachers to keep information about all their students in one easily accessible repository and automates tasks such as keeping attendance, assigning homework, and calculating grades so teachers can focus more on education and less on recordkeeping.
As with any implementation of enterprise software, potential issues may arise. Consider the following:
- Teacher learning curve: It’s not uncommon for a single teacher to be employed by multiple learning institutions. As a result, they may either be used to another type of student information system software or have their own style of recordkeeping. Keep in mind the level of support necessary to train and assist teachers in using a new system and whether your institution or software vendor is in a position to provide it.
- Technical support availability: System outages are not only frustrating to student information system administrators, but also to students themselves. When choosing a student information system, be sure to ask your software vendor about their technical support availability to avoid the consequences of system outages such as not being able to pay student bills, access curriculum, or access vital student registration information.
Market trends to understand
When looking to purchase student information system software, be sure to understand the following market trends to ensure that you choose a solution that grows with your business goals:
Integration with learning management systems (LMS): Recent changes in the educational environment have caused a shift from in-person class settings to online learning. As this trend continues, look forward to seeing student information system software being the front end that allows teachers to distribute materials stored in the LMS as they are assigned.
SMS integration: As the average age of mobile phone usage continues to decrease, more and more student information system software tools will allow direct messaging to students' personal devices so that teachers can instantly update students on homework assignments or class schedules.
Note: The application selected in this article is an example to show a feature in context and is not intended as an endorsement or recommendation. It has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.