Shipment Tracking Software
Showing 1 - 20 of 68 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Detrack is a powerful delivery management software that lets you track your vehicles live on a map and capture real-time electronic proof of delivery (E-POD) using just our iOS / Android app. Our apps have been translated into 26 ...Read more about Detrack
Fleet Harmony is a cloud-based fleet management solution that helps trucking companies and other organizations that operate large fleets, such as utilities and public services, to carry out management tasks and routines related to...Read more about Fleet Harmony
Empower your freight forwarding services beyond customers' expectations, automate your processes, reduce human error rates, save time on repetitive tasks, and let your employees focus on high-level tasks by using Logitude’s full-l...Read more about Logitude World
GoFreight is a web-based freight forwarding solution designed to help freight forwarders & NVOCCs (OTIs) of all sizes manage transportation of goods via ocean, air and land routes. Key features include security filing, invoice pro...Read more about GoFreight
PCS Shipper TMS
PCS Shipper TMS
PCS Shipper TMS (formerly UltraShip) is a cloud-based transportation management system with integrated private fleet management capabilities for in- and out-bound logistics across all modes. PCS Shipper TMS automates the processes...Read more about PCS Shipper TMS
GoComet is a cloud-based enterprise solution that helps businesses of all sizes with freight quote comparisons. The solution provides a unified platform for freight forwarders and export managers to carry transparent transactions....Read more about GoComet
Kuebix, a Trimble Company, is a cloud-based transportation management system (TMS) designed for shippers and carriers involved in both inbound and outbound logistics. The solution caters to a variety of carriers and modes of trans...Read more about Kuebix TMS
FreightPOP is a cloud-based freight management solution that helps businesses manage the entire freight shipping lifecycle through invoicing, label printing and tracking of carriers in transit. Key features include warehouse manag...Read more about FreightPOP
FenixCommerce's Intelligent Delivery Platform (IDP) provides last-mile fulfillment optimization both pre- and post-purchase for eCommerce retailers and DTC brands. IDP works by using real-time product, inventory, customer, and car...Read more about FenixCommerce IDP
Fretron is a cloud-based software that helps logistics and transportation businesses streamline operations related to yard management, delivery, order planning, dispatch management, payments, monitoring and more. Organizations can...Read more about Fretron
Freight Club is a shipping management solution designed to help eCommerce and retail businesses quote, book, track and manage LTL shipments efficiently. Users have the flexibility to choose from over 30+ specialty carriers and com...Read more about Freight Club
Qapla' is a SaaS-based shipment tracking solution that simplifies the management of all shipments for eCommerce operations. By connecting with different marketplaces and eCommerce platforms, Qapla' can monitoring all shipments acr...Read more about Qapla'
CargoWise is an integrated logistics execution platform that enables logistics service providers to run complex transactions for customs and cross-border compliance, international eCommerce, warehousing, landside logistics, freigh...Read more about CargoWise
Responsible for growing an eCommerce business? Our multi-carrier shipping technology helps you ship smarter, optimise your fulfilment and share better post-purchase experiences, so you can focus on what you do best. Shipping and ...Read more about Shippit
techSHIP is a cloud-based multi-courier shipping solution designed for third-party logistics companies (3PLs) and manufacturers to make shipping easy. With a scan of a barcode or a batch number, you can automatically process 1 or ...Read more about techSHIP
Shipwell is a tech-enabled, fully connected logistics ecosystem designed for shippers and 3PLs looking to reduce operational costs. This cloud-based platform uses real-time data and machine learning to reduce waste and friction, d...Read more about Shipwell
Sorted is a delivery management solution designed to help businesses handle carriers, shipments, returns, refunds and exchanges. Teams can generate shipping labels and customs documentation according to requirements. Sorted allow...Read more about Sorted
eHub is a shipping application programming interface (API) that helps businesses compare and find shipping rates between carrier providers across domestic and international shipments. We're a best fit for those who want to optim...Read more about eHub
Clickship provides a common operational platform for e-commerce sellers, online marketplaces and offers discounted shipping rates from various reputed carriers. Offers Free Pickup Scheduling (Residentials too) for Parcel & LTLs ...Read more about ClickShip
As the only parcel TMS provider enabling end-to-end supply chain visibility from shipping analytics & automation to customer delivery experience management, Enveyo is shipping data science. Enveyo Insights and Modeling solutions ...Read more about Enveyo
Popular Shipment Tracking Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: July 03, 2022
When businesses do not offer shipment tracking services, customers are not able to estimate when their packages will arrive and companies can not confirm if and where packages are located. This can result in a variety of customer frustrations, which can eventually lead to a decrease in customer satisfaction.
Shipment tracking software enables companies to provide their clients with time estimates as to when their shipments will be delivered, taking the stress of customer service representatives and allowing clients to receive live shipment tracking updates.
This guide will cover what shipment tracking software is, its common features, and more.
Here’s what we'll cover:
- What is shipment tracking software?
- Common features of shipment tracking software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of shipment tracking software
- Key considerations for purchasing shipment tracking software
- Market trends to understand
What is shipment tracking software?
Shipment tracking software collects data generated by various mail carriers and automatically sends companies and their customers live updates on packages as they are sorted and delivered. Shipment tracking software enables eCommerce and freight businesses to keep their customers up to date on the whereabouts of their orders, increasing shipping transparency and customer satisfaction.
Common features of shipment tracking software
While features vary from product to product, shipment tracking software typically offers some or all of the following functionality:
|Delivery record||Access a record of shipment processing that shows the location and time stamp of shipment delivery. Allow clients to access the shipment records to estimate when their shipments will arrive.|
|Status tracking||Retrieve real-time reports on changes over time to the state of a request, a process, or an object.|
|Alerts/Notifications||Set automatic alerts/notifications within the system to notify customers of changes or delays in shipment processing.|
|Website integration||Integrate system with 3rd party websites to facilitate other business interactions such as customer service efforts, product purchases, etc.|
|Delivery estimate||Receive notes detailing the expected delivery date and time of customer shipments. Allow customers to access shipment delivery estimates to ensure they receive their package within the estimated delivery window.|
What type of buyer are you?
- Ecommerce company: These buyers want to remove as much risk from the shipping process as possible to build trust with their online customers. Shipment tracking software allows these companies to use the tracking number/barcode provided to determine a packageʻs location. Each shipping terminal scans the tracking barcode on the package, allowing the package's last location to be tracked. Ecommerce companies should look for a software solution that provides their customers with the highest visibility into the shipping process as possible to increase customer trust and ultimately gain customer loyalty.
- Freight company: These buyers are concerned with their ability to optimize shipping-related costs and their ability to locate lost packages. With shipment tracking software, these companies are able to view the patterns of their shipping operations, influencing decisions such as which carriers to use and which routes are most optimal. Freight companies should choose a shipment tracking software that prioritizes shipment data collection for analysis.
Benefits of shipment tracking software
- Enables the discovery of lost packages: Shipment tracking software can determine the last documented location of a lost package using the packageʻs assigned barcode. This feature can save businesses revenue by eliminating the need to replace shipments that are thought to be lost. Instead, companies can contact their shipping provider and ask them to find the package at its last known location.
- Increases the speed of shipment reroutes: When shipping packages to customers, there are a variety of risk factors that can delay the shipment process. Sometimes delivery trucks break down, come in contact with harsh weather conditions, or get stuck in traffic. In this case, companies can request that shipping companies reroute the package to avoid delivery delays. Shipment tracking software allows companies to alert customers of delays and find solutions such as in-store pickup to mitigate customer frustrations.
- Increases customer trust: Customers that buy products online put their trust in ecommerce and freight companies to get their products shipped and delivered on time with little hassle. Shipment tracking software allows companies to ease any qualms customers may have during the shipping process, providing customers real-time updates on the status of their deliveries.
Key considerations for purchasing shipment tracking software
- Integration capabilities: Be sure to ask your shipment tracking software vendor if the software solutions your business already has in place will seamlessly integrate with their software. Ecommerce and freight businesses typically have payment processing and customer relationship management software already set up that should be able to integrate into the shipment tracking solution to simplify the order placement and shipment process.
- Data security: In this day and age, cyberattacks are more common than ever. Customers will not return to your business if their information is leaked to a malicious third party attacker. Be sure that the shipment tracking system your business uses is more than capable of keeping both your companies data and your customers data protected from cyberattackers.
- User-friendly interface: Every customer that orders a package from your company will not necessarily be tech savvy. Be sure that the shipment tracking system you choose features a user-friendly interface that users of all technical backgrounds can utilize. Ask your software vendor if you can access a free trial of their solution to ensure the software will be easy to operate, no matter who uses it.
Market trends to understand
- Increased usage of drone delivery: According to Gartner, global shipments are forecast to reach 1.3 million units by 2023. In light of this, many shipping companies are turning to cargo freight drones to aid shipping efforts. Cargo freight drones are environmentally friendly aerial technology that deliver goods to customers quicker than traditional delivery methods. Unlike traditional methods of delivery such as delivery trucks, cargo freight drones are not slowed down by traffic and can deliver to remote territories that large freight trucks cannot reach. These drones can also be easily tracked by GPS, providing more detailed and accurate shipment tracking information than traditional delivery methods. Before purchasing shipment tracking software, find out if your carrier of choice is considering using cargo freight drones to aid shipment operations in the near future, as this will innovate your shipment tracking abilities for both your company and its customers.