Sales Performance ManagementSales performance management software assists sales management teams in monitoring the activity of sales personnel throughout the sales lifecycle by tracking progress toward target sales quotas and goals, and monitoring sales closure rates.
Learn more in our Buyers Guide
Showing 1 - 20 of 29 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Performio is the only Incentive Compensation Management provider that drives business performance with a product built to handle complexity, a team of dedicated experts, and a proven track record of long-term global success. Perfo...Read more about Performio
LeadSquared is a cloud-based marketing automation and customer relationship management (CRM) solution for businesses of all sizes. It serves clients in industries such as finance, e-commerce, education, health and wellness, market...Read more about LeadSquared
Board is the Intelligent Planning Platform that offers smarter planning, actionable insights and better outcomes for more than 2,000 companies worldwide. Board allows leading enterprises to discover crucial insights which drive bu...Read more about BOARD
Optymyze is a no-code data automation platform, which enables businesses to manage services, workforce performance, quotas, commissions, data warehouses, analytic models and more. Users can extend, build, conceptualize, deploy and...Read more about Optymyze
Anaplan is a cloud-based business-planning tool designed for sales, finance, and operations units of an organization. The solution is based on hyperblock technology, the system that provides a single modeling environment for the o...Read more about Anaplan
Zoho CRM is a cloud-based business management platform that caters to businesses of all sizes. It offers sales and marketing automation tools with helpdesk, analytics and customer support functions. Zoho CRM helps users respo...Read more about Zoho CRM
SAP Commissions is a cloud-based incentive and compensation management software for businesses of all sizes. It allows organizations to design, modify and manage custom compensation plans to improve employee engagement, loyalty, r...Read more about SAP Commissions
beqom Sales Performance Management
beqom Sales Performance Management
beqom Sales Performance Management is a cloud-based sales performance management solution designed to help businesses in energy & resources, automotive, financial services, technology & business services, manufacturing & retail, a...Read more about beqom Sales Performance Management
Iconixx is a sales performance management solution designed to help businesses in retail, life sciences, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing and other industries plan, set up and track compensations, commissions, salaries and inc...Read more about Iconixx
Jedox is the world’s most adaptable planning and performance management platform that empowers organizations to deliver plans that outperform expectations. From FP&A to broader integrated business planning, model any scenario, int...Read more about Jedox
Xactly is a cloud-based solution, which allows businesses to manage processes related to commission expense accounting. Key features include status tracking, workflow configuration, process automation, compliance management and cu...Read more about Xactly Incent
Varicent helps businesses accurately track, manage, and report on sales processes through the Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution. This solution helps businesses realize bottom-line efficiencies and top-line results throug...Read more about Varicent
LevelEleven is an on-premise sales force automation software that helps understand consumer behaviors and improve the performance and productivity of sales representatives accordingly. Designed for sales managers and midsize busin...Read more about LevelEleven
Vena is a complete planning platform that leverages the familiarity and flexibility of an Excel interface within the Vena Growth Engine. Its technology and methodology powers the growth of over 1300 companies around the world. Ven...Read more about Vena
Oracle Sales Cloud is a sales management application under Oracle’s umbrella of hosted customer experience (CX) products. An emphasis on modern interface design, simplified cloud-based implementation and a highly functional native...Read more about Oracle Sales
Rallyware's complete performance enablement platform drives higher workforce performance and company success using the latest in data analytics, integrations, and automation, driven by an automated rules and recommendations engine...Read more about Rallyware
TigerLRM is an All-in-One Sales Enablement Software with essential tools such as Content Management, Training & Coaching, In-Built CRM, and more! Bring out the Tiger in your sales team with a highly intuitive, easy-to-use suite of...Read more about TigerLRM
Do you have ambitious sales targets to meet? Numerik is the roadmap and rocket fuel that will help your team smash through them. Meet Numerik, the performance enhancing sales app designed to help sales teams make targets. If yo...Read more about Numerik
GlassHive helps tech companies of all sizes including MSPs, MSSPs, VARs, vendors and more manage marketing and sales processes. It includes CRM, email marketing, sales management, tasks, integrations, marketing plans, collateral b...Read more about GlassHive
Ganacos is a cloud-based software designed to help businesses support and manage data-driven decisions. Ganacos is best fitted for companies with a turnover of +€20millions. The platform enables organizations to streamline plannin...Read more about Ganacos
Popular Sales Performance Management Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: May 24, 2022
Software Applications for Sales Performance Management
Your sales organization has the difficult task of managing and incentivizing your team of sales personnel, each with their own compensation packages and commission structures. It’s also vital for your company to have accurate predictions for upcoming sale closures in order to forecast future revenues and maintain proper inventory levels to keep up with customer demands.
With sales performance management software, you can manage these issues, track performance of the entire team, and monitor sales targets and goals in one place. We can help you understand how to choose the right software that will suit your type of sales organization.
Here’s what we'll cover:
- What is sales performance management software?
- Common features of sales performance management software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of sales performance management software
- Key considerations
- Market trends
What is sales performance management software?
Sales performance management software assists sales management teams in monitoring the activity of sales personnel throughout the sales lifecycle by tracking progress toward target sales quotas and goals, and monitoring sales closure rates. It also provides an interface for sales managers to design sales incentive programs, create reports that show how well sales personnel are progressing, and distribute rewards as they are earned.
Common features of sales performance management software
While features vary from product to product, sales performance management software typically offers some or all of the following functionality:
|Incentive management||Create and track sales incentive programs, such as profit sharing, stock awards, and individual bonus plans.|
|Online voice transmission||Convert your voice into a digital signal, compress it, and send it over the internet. On the receiving end, the digital data is uncompressed into the sound that can be heard through a headset or speakerphone.|
|Reporting and analytics||Compile information about the individual salespeople (or the team as a whole), such as prospecting output, progress toward incentivized goals, and sales cycle timelines.|
|Sales planning||Analyze sales cycles to predict future revenue and plan for product delivery and training.|
|Commission management||Store a record of employee compensation programs and monitor commission payment timelines.|
|Forecasting||Predict future cash flow based on past and present sales cycle timelines.|
|Goal setting and tracking||Track progress of salespeople toward established measurable goals over a specific period of time and allow managers to change goals as needed.|
|Quota planning||Analyze past and present sales personnel performance to help plan future target quotas.|
|Territory management||Allow managers to organize employee target territories based on geographical, vertical market, or customer buying trends.|
|Application programming interface (API)||Integrate software with third-party applications and databases.|
What type of buyer are you?
As you begin narrowing down your options for sales performance management software, you need to understand the type of buyer you are. This will help you better understand your organization's needs and the required software features:
- Retail stores: Due to the typically brief nature of brick-and-mortar retail sales employment, managers may not necessarily have proper management experience to adequately assess sales personnel performance. Sales performance management software can provide a reference tool to these managers and guide them through incentivizing salespeople and monitoring progress.
- Commission-based sales organizations: These buyers employ salespeople whose income relies partly on commission and bonuses related directly to their earned sales revenues. It’s vital that these companies have management and tracking tools to manage sales quotas, sales contest totals, and commission payouts and timelines.
- Hard goods: These companies sell physical products—such as automobiles, computer hardware and clothing—and need to be able to confirm current and future inventory in order to keep up with customer demand. By analyzing sales lifecycles and probabilities, these companies can avoid potential supply or inventory deficiencies.
Benefits of sales performance management software
- Empowers salespeople and management: Salespeople are by definition motivated by commission and incentives. Sales performance management software allows managers to create customizable commission structures for individual salespeople while simultaneously creating shorter term incentive programs, such as sales contests. This allows managers to play a more active role in assisting salespeople in achieving their goals.
- Monitors sales activity: By tracking customer sales cycles and closing probability rates, companies have a better understanding of future cash flow, necessary product inventory, and resources required for delivery and billing. Sales performance management software also provides a great tool with which management can set performance quotas and identify underproducing employees.
Although sales performance management software provides significant benefits to a sales organization, there are some potential issues to keep in mind:
- Need for in-house support: Turnover rates in sales organizations can be quite high as sales reps come and go. This puts a lot of pressure on in-house IT staff to provide support software on a variety of personal devices and operating systems. Additionally, considering that all sales personnel will have the ability to enter customer information, proper training will be required to ensure the integrity of input information.
- Security of commission structures: In sales organizations, it can be common to have sales personnel that are compensated with different commission rates. Proper security measures need to be in place so that salespeople are not aware of how their fellow coworkers are being incentivized.
- Standards for data entry: The old adage garbage in, garbage out applies here. Considering that information collected in the field will be entered by a variety of users, extra care should be taken when defining customer information fields. These fields should also force salespeople to use the proper formatting when inputting data and reject data entries that don’t follow entry criteria.
Market trends to understand
When researching the sales performance management software market, there are some market trends to consider to help you make the right decision for your business.
Mobile device dependence: Outside sales representatives ideally spend most of their time in the field, visiting new clients in person. Direct input of customer data via a mobile device is vital in updating information on client needs, buying cycles, and product requirements while in the field.
Integration with third-party software: Application programming interfaces (APIs) are increasingly being made available for companies that require integration with other line-of-business applications, such as ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems. By providing open programming architecture, sales organizations can more easily create custom code that makes use of interconnectivity between applications.
Note: The application selected in this article is an example to show a feature in context and is not intended as an endorsement or recommendation. It has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.