Qualitative Data Analysis Software
Showing 1 - 20 of 57 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Smartlook is a cloud- and mobile-based quantitative analytics solution that helps businesses of all sizes with user behavior and insights. Smartlook answers the ‘what’ and ‘why’ behind every user action. Primary featur...Read more about Smartlook
Power BI Connector for Jira
Power BI Connector for Jira
Power BI Connector for Jira simplifies data export to Power BI with no-code user skills, eliminating the need for analytical expertise. The application allows organizations to merge Jira with other data sources like CRM, financial...Read more about Power BI Connector for Jira
Power BI Connector for ServiceNow
Power BI Connector for ServiceNow
Power BI Connector for ServiceNow is a convenient ServiceNow Power BI integration app that allows users to easily export ServiceNow data to Microsoft Power BI. Power BI Connector for ServiceNow has a smart application architectur...Read more about Power BI Connector for ServiceNow
Tableau Connector for Jira
Tableau Connector for Jira
Tableau Connector for Jira enables organizations to create multiple data sources for real-time visualization and develop actionable insights. Tableau Connector for Jira has customizable data reporting tools and offers users variou...Read more about Tableau Connector for Jira
SurveyLab is a cloud-based survey solution that caters to businesses of all sizes across various industries. It enables users to build satisfaction surveys, conduct market research and gather employee feedback. SurveyLab offers ...Read more about SurveyLab
Hotjar is a cloud-based customer experience management platform designed to help small to large businesses track and analyze visitor's click, tap or scrolling actions across the website using heatmaps. Marketing professionals can ...Read more about Hotjar
Sisense goes beyond traditional business intelligence by providing organizations with the ability to infuse analytics everywhere, embedded in both customer and employee applications and workflows. Sisense customers are breaking th...Read more about Sisense
Tableau is an integrated business intelligence (BI) and analytics solution that helps to analyze key business data and generate meaningful insights. The solution helps businesses to collect data from multiple source points such as...Read more about Tableau
VWO Testing helps businesses design, deploy and manage custom tests for websites and mobile/web applications. The platform enables organizations to create A/B, split and multivariate tests to run surveys and analyze customer exper...Read more about VWO Testing
Keatext is a cloud-based AI-powered customer experience and feedback analytics platform designed for medium and large-sized companies. The robust analytics tool provides clarity on unstructured customer feedback by aggregatin...Read more about Keatext
Thematic is a text analytics solution that helps enterprises collect and analyze customer feedback from various sources using artificial intelligence (AI) technology. Professionals can utilize the sentiment analysis tool to identi...Read more about Thematic
Phocas is a team of passionate professionals who are committed to helping people feel good about their data. Our software brings together organizations’ most useful data from an ERP and other business systems and presents it in a ...Read more about Phocas Software
Luminoso is a text analytics solution that helps enterprises upload, evaluate and view customer insights data using Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology. Its multilingual capabilities enabl...Read more about Luminoso
Wolfram Mathematica is a technical computing solution that provides businesses of all sizes with tools for image processing, data visualization and theoretic experiments. The notebook interface enables users to organize documents ...Read more about Wolfram Mathematica
Qualtrics CoreXM is a cloud-based platform designed to help organizations generate sales insights and optimize product prices through analysis of customer experiences in real-time. Key features include feedback collection, concept...Read more about Qualtrics CoreXM
Remesh is an innovative platform for engaging and understanding large groups of people online and in real-time, allowing you to have a conversation with up to 1,000 participants at once. The Remesh platform uses artificial intelli...Read more about Remesh
Applied Analytics is a cloud-based data analytics solution for businesses in the insurance industry. It offers configurable reporting tools, allows users to produce charts and graphs and lets users monitor client retention, sales ...Read more about Applied Analytics
OpenText Magellan is a predictive analytics platform powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. The platform is designed to help businesses across various industries make data-driven decisions by combining self-...Read more about OpenText Magellan
JMP is an on-premise data analytics solution that helps scientists, engineers and data explorers understand complex data relationships and visualize them via interactive dashboards. The data acquisition and cleanup functionalities...Read more about JMP
LivingLens is a market research solution designed to help businesses capture customer experiences and insights via videos using analytics and content recognition tools. The HIPAA-compliant platform allows healthcare providers to c...Read more about LivingLens
Popular Qualitative Data Analysis Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: September 29, 2021
As a market or sales representative, you might be monitoring qualitative data to determine customer behavior and understand market trends. Qualitative data refers to conceptual findings used to recognize customer experience and patterns. If you have a variety of qualitative data touch points such as feedback, surveys, reviews, and interviews, the collected data can be convoluted.
Extracting essential information from unorganized data sets is a major challenge for data analysts and market researchers. It often results in inefficient insights and market predictions. Qualitative data analysis software can help you break down data silos, understand patterns, and get actionable insights on customer challenges. It allows businesses to simplify and automate various manual data processes including data collection, cleaning, and analysis.
In this buyers guide, we will learn more about qualitative data analysis software as well as its features and benefits.
Here is what we'll cover:
- What is qualitative data analysis software?
- Common features of qualitative data analysis
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of qualitative data analysis
- Key purchase considerations for qualitative data analysis
What is qualitative data analysis software?
Qualitative data analysis software is used by data scientists and business researchers to analyze unstructured and text-based data obtained from first-hand observations, surveys, feedback, interviews, among other sources. The software helps in discovering and understanding patterns, such as customer sentiment, presented in a variety of formats including texts, audio files, videos, and images.
Qualitative data analysis software includes features such as data visualization, data coding, text analysis, content analysis, and reporting and statistics. These tools assist data scientists and researchers to analyze, audit, and manage huge amounts of qualitative data. Furthermore, the software helps in saving time by eliminating the need for manual data handling.
An example of qualitative data analysis software dashboard in Tableau (Source)
Common features of qualitative data analysis software
|Data visualization||Identify trends and patterns to visualize data using integrated visualization tools such as clustering, heat maps, and multidimensional scaling.|
|Data coding||Index, categorize, and convert data into a format that computer software can understand. Identify concepts and find common links between different data items to prepare data for computer processing.|
|Sentiment analysis||Classify customer opinions and express them in the form of text to determine the customer sentiment.|
|Text analysis||Monitor unstructured text data pieces and organize them into easy-to-read, structured data segments.|
|Annotations||Annotate documents and images using memoing and hyperlinking tools for flexibility and ease of use. Connect diverse pieces of data by interlinking qualitative data cases, files, or websites.|
|Collaboration tools||Collaborate with multiple data scientists and researchers using multi-user settings, annotations, and merged coding features.|
|Mixed methods research||Research by gathering and analyzing data using both qualitative and quantitative methods to get better insights.|
|Media analytics||Analyze data from various media files such as graphs, infographics, and images, using multimedia functionality.|
|Reporting & statistics||Generate quick statistical analysis reports using stored data and findings, and share them with other data researchers.|
What type of buyer are you?
The right type of qualitative data analysis software depends on your business requirements, which are often tied to business size:
- Large businesses (over 500 employees): These buyers include large organizations and enterprises with a huge database of customers. Large businesses have separate teams of market and sales representatives, working together to obtain elaborate and crucial market research. These buyers need both quantitative and qualitative data analysis tools to generate accurate analytical reports. They also need to store data and share stats with other teams. These buyers should consider solution tools with mixed methods research, data visualization, and collaboration tools.
Some free PDF editors or reasonably priced basic versions with features including optical character recognition, electronic signatures, page rearrangement, and text and image editing can work for these buyers.
- Small and midsize businesses (SMBs; up to 500 employees): SMBs usually have a small team of market and sales representatives, and a limited budget. These buyers are seeking basic data analysis and market prediction tools to organize data and obtain crucial insights into customer behavior. SMBs should consider qualitative data analysis software that reduces manual errors, lowers management costs, and assists in making quick fact-based decisions. They should go for a solution with consumer sentiment analysis, collaboration tools, and text analysis.
Benefits of qualitative data analysis software
- Improves customer behavior analysis: Qualitative data analysis software helps businesses understand consumer sentiment and behavior. This software makes it easy for market researchers to comprehend who their customers are, what challenges they are facing, and how these issues can be resolved.
- Easy-to-read visual data: Using this software, data scientists can visualize their data to readily analyze information, gain insights, and discover trends. The data visualization feature uses geographical maps, heat maps, and timelines to transform unstructured data into actionable insights.
- Reduces data errors: Qualitative data analysis software reduces data errors caused by manual intervention in different processes such as data collection and segregation. Clean data results help in making more accurate business decisions.
Key purchase considerations for qualitative data analysis software
Here are a few factors to consider while selecting qualitative data analysis software:
- Business objectives: Determine your business objectives and establish desired results. Select a QDA software that consists of suitable data and reporting tools to help you achieve your current as well as future business goals.
- System integration: The software you choose should be able to integrate with your existing system. This will allow you to access analytics from applications that you are familiar with and transfer data to/from other systems whenever required.
- Type of data analysis: Consider the type or method of qualitative data analysis that will provide accurate and actionable insights for your research objectives. Whether your research objective requires content analysis, transcription analysis, or it requires data coding and text analysis.
- Management cost: Before investing in any software, consider the long-term management costs involved such as pricing of additional features and hidden charges.
Note: The application selected in this guide is an example to show a feature in context and is not intended as an endorsement or recommendation. It has been taken from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.