Physical Security Software
Showing 1 - 20 of 59 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Looking for access control and proptech solutions to improve security and add technology to the building? Add cloud-based access control and make spaces smart with a platform that brings keyless entry, mobile credentials, remote s...Read more about Brivo Access
Dataminr is a cloud-based event detection and mass notification solution that helps businesses predict, analyse and mitigate operational, reputational or cyber risks. It allows users to attach images and videos to alert messages, ...Read more about Dataminr
Camlytics is a surveillance solution that helps businesses record events and manage recordings using webcams, closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs), network video recorders (NVR) and other devices. It enables managers to track report...Read more about Camlytics
SMS by Keytech is an on-premise security management system suitable for all industries. It can be deployed across multiple sites and offers features such as digital visitor screening logs, a key registry, time and attendance featu...Read more about SMS
Coredinate is a cloud-based workforce management solution designed to help businesses of all sizes streamline security operations, track guards and patrols and generate incident reports. Features include key log, GPS tracking, bui...Read more about Coredinate
QR-Patrol is a cloud-based guard tour management solution designed to help businesses monitor incidents in real-time, schedule predefined patrols for security gurads and scan checkpoints using QR-codes and NFC tags. Features inclu...Read more about QR-Patrol
DICE Central Station
DICE Central Station
DICE is a safety management solution that helps businesses in retail, education, banking, utilities, healthcare and other industries create service tickets, handle alarms, record screens and manage tasks, among other operations. I...Read more about DICE Central Station
Kisi is a cloud-based physical security application that helps businesses control user access and exchange communications across organizational devices. Administrators can utilize a centralized dashboard configure door security ac...Read more about Kisi
Solink is a physical security solution that enables restaurants and businesses in the financial and retail industries to streamline processes related to loss prevention, remote monitoring, video surveillance and more. Administrato...Read more about Solink
CASH is a physical security solution designed to help businesses streamline processes related to field service management, invoicing, sales tracking and more. Administrators can maintain an audit trail of changes and use the high-...Read more about CASH
mobohubb is a cloud-based workforce management platform designed to help organizations across security, janitorial, construction, housing authority, hospitals and various other industries manage remote workers and generate operati...Read more about mobohubb
Resolver’s risk management software is a cloud-based solution for midsize to larger enterprises that serves customers across a variety of industries and business needs. These industries include banking and financial services, heal...Read more about Resolver
Corporate investigation management is complex. Today, every incident presents a greater risk to your organization than ever before. Recording incidents, responding consistently, and collecting data means messy spreadsheets, infor...Read more about i-Sight
Bold Gemini is a cloud-based safety and security monitoring platform designed to help organizations detect threats and set alarms in event of emergencies. Features include alarm queues, keyholder lists, customer records, open/clos...Read more about Bold Gemini
Hirsch Velocity Software
Hirsch Velocity Software
Hirsch Velocity Software is a security management platform designed to help government institutions and businesses in the aviation, education and healthcare industries enforce and streamline access control across multi-location fa...Read more about Hirsch Velocity Software
Easy Guard Tour
Easy Guard Tour
Easy Guard Tour is a web-based security management solution, which helps businesses across security and guarding, janitorial and cleaning and field service industries monitor employee activities, record attendance and scan checkpo...Read more about Easy Guard Tour
Blue Iris is a video security and webcam solution that helps businesses automate security operations through live cameras and remote access functionality. It enables organizations to view action lists, capture screenshots and stor...Read more about Blue Iris
Celayix Software is a time & attendance and employee scheduling solution designed to assist organizations manage their labor workforce. This business solution is suitable for businesses scaling from a small, single store retailer ...Read more about Celayix
Valiant HCM is a cloud-based human resource management (HRM) solution designed for businesses across various industries such as security, hospitality and more. Key features include applicant tracking, benefits management, performa...Read more about Trackforce Valiant
ITRAK 365 is a cloud-based, ISO-compliant environmental, health and safety (EHS) solution catering to industries such as mining, forestry, oil and gas, waste management and manufacturing. Key include custom workflow creation, inci...Read more about ITRAK 365
Popular Physical Security Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: February 13, 2022
While a business might have all the security hardware (sensors, surveillance cameras, etc.) and personnel, these can come to naught if the business lacks the right software to manage their security services. Physical security software serves as a centralized platform to pull data from disparate security hardware, allowing businesses to optimize their security operations by monitoring incidents and identifying trends.
With that said, there are several physical security tools on the market, and finding the right fit is not easy. Businesses can speed up their software research by reading this buyers guide that defines what physical security software is and the basic things to look out for when exploring the market.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is physical security software?
- Common features of physical security software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of physical security software
- Key considerations when selecting physical security software
- Market trend to understand
What is physical security software?
Physical security software is a tool that helps companies put security measures in place for managing the secure operations of their premises and equipment. The software comes with features such as access control, incident and investigation management, which help companies prevent accidents, attacks, theft, etc.
Common features of physical security software
Finding the right physical security software is faster when you know what features you need. Below are the most common features of these solutions.
|Access control||Control entry into spaces by granting or revoking users physical access to entire premises or certain areas.|
|Policy management||Create a centralized repository of security and safety policies and share these with employees and other stakeholders.|
|Incident management||Obtain incident reports through online surveys/forms and conduct analysis to determine causes and identify trends on an analytics dashboard.|
|Security personnel tracking||Assign duties and track the attendance of security staff and analyze their performance reports.|
|Investigation management||Track details such as the investigation status (closed, open, pending, ongoing, etc.), assigned investigators, time taken, costs, and summary and evidence documents. Maintain investigation case files for compliance and other legal requirements.|
|Notifications||Set up automatic alerts (email, text message, etc.) to notify preferred users about incidents or changes to any investigation status.|
What type of buyer are you?
A key step when evaluating physical security software is identifying the buyer category you belong to. Listed below are the two most common buyer groups and their chief concerns.
- Small and midsize businesses: These are the buyers with up to 999 employees. Typically, they have a low IT budget, and therefore their chief concern is finding a software tool that is affordable. A suitable option for these buyers is cloud-based security solutions that don’t require large investment for acquiring and maintaining the infrastructure necessary for sustaining the tools.
- Large enterprises: These are the buyers with over 1,000 employees. Compared to small and midsize businesses, these organizations have a larger number of assets. As a result, their visitor management and security needs (guards, security camera, etc.) are massive. Their key concerns are managing an extensive security staff and the integrability of the software with other tools, such as human resources software, for seamless data transfer.
Benefits of physical security software
Preventing incidents and optimizing the performance of security staff are the two most prominent benefits of a physical security system.
- Prevent incidents by identifying risks: By analyzing past incidents to identify the precipitating causes, businesses can spot risk patterns that could highlight details such as suspicious movements, unauthorized accesses, or abnormal equipment functioning. These insights can offer invaluable opportunities to rectify shortcomings in their security practices or prepare future contingencies.
- Optimize security staff performance: The software offers task management dashboards through which users can assign tasks to security staff and monitor their job and performance. While this helps to optimally distribute responsibilities among the available manpower, it also allows optimizing the workforce to avoid under or overstaffing.
Key considerations when selecting physical security software
Below are two considerations that businesses should have in mind while buying physical security software.
- Mobile app availability: Mobile apps are becoming increasingly crucial as they allow users to receive instant notifications, report developments, and view and share documents while on the go.
- Customer support: When looking through the support details, businesses should not only consider different channels such as email, phone, and live chat but also include onboarding and training. While email support is typically free, phone support might incur additional charges. Likewise, training users on the software might cost extra.
Market trend to understand
Here’s a recent trend in the physical security software market that you should be aware of.
- Growing usage of the internet of things (IoT) in physical security: Physical security solutions are increasingly offering the capability to pull real-time data from IoT devices. This allows businesses to constantly monitor their assets and quickly identify potential threats to prevent them from escalating into major security incidents.
Note: The application selected in this article is an example to show a feature in context and isn’t intended as an endorsement or a recommendation. It has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.