Load Testing Software
Showing 1 - 15 of 15 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Loadster is a cloud-hybrid load testing tool for performance testing websites, web applications, and APIs. Record scripts in your browser with the Chrome or Firefox within various browsers like Chrome or Firefox using extensions,...Read more about Loadster
NeoLoad is a load testing software that provides DevOps teams with tools to design and conduct code-less performance tests for complex applications. Developers can run automated API tests as codes and utilize CI/CD tools to analyz...Read more about NeoLoad
k6 is a cloud-based load testing tool designed to help software engineers monitor and test the performance of APIs and microservices. The application enables developers to build test cases, validate the working of APIs for traffic...Read more about Load Impact
Apica's platform combines active monitoring and load testing to ensure the health and performance of all applications. Monitoring teams can now ensure all business-critical applications and transactions are secure and available, i...Read more about Apica
LoadRunner Cloud is a load testing solution that provides businesses with performance engineering tools to plan and run load tests across the system. Professionals can benchmark multiple data metrics from old or existing test runs...Read more about LoadRunner Cloud
LoadUI Pro is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses of all sizes conduct load, stress and endurance tests for API frameworks, microservice architecture and databases. It enables IT professionals to use the predefined functi...Read more about ReadyAPI
WAPT is a cloud-based load testing tool, which helps QA professionals assess the performance of web and mobile applications, REST APIs, databases and server components accessible over HTTP. Features include error handling, pass/fa...Read more about WAPT
SmartMeter.io is a performance testing solution that helps businesses create test scenarios and automatically generate test reports on a unified platform. With the distributed load testing functionality, administrators can create ...Read more about SmartMeter.io
Flood is a load testing platform that helps enterprises create, launch and manage performance tests for websites, applications, APIs and more. Organizations can create custom scripts using the test builder tool or upload scripts f...Read more about Flood
BlazeMeter is a load testing solution designed to help businesses create and run functional, performance and API tests on a unified platform. The open-source application offers a reporting and analytics tool, which allows IT profe...Read more about BlazeMeter
Loadmill is a load testing software designed to help businesses across the IT sector record and replay application interactions to automate backend regression testing processes. The solution enables R&D teams to create and execute...Read more about Loadmill
TestBench is a load testing solution designed to help testers, developers and product owners create, conduct and evaluate test sessions. Administrators can create or update existing test cases to define requirements, assign tasks ...Read more about TestBench
Loadero uses Selenium web browser automation to simulate real user interaction with the tested application. This allows detailed test configuration – each test participant's browser version, location, different network conditions,...Read more about Loadero
WebLOAD is a cloud-based and on-premise website performance testing tool designed to help businesses create, run and manage test environments for a variety of technologies, websites and applications. The platform enables organizat...Read more about WebLOAD
LoadView is a load testing solution that helps DevOps teams manage load testing for web applications, third-party services, APIs, websites and streaming media. The platform supports various mobile/desktop browsers and devices like...Read more about LoadView
Popular Load Testing Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: January 07, 2022
Have you ever tried to buy something on an ecommerce site during a blowout sale and experienced the site crashing? If so, the ecommerce site may have benefited from load testing software to ensure it could handle a large volume of users.
Load testing is a type of performance testing for applications that enables developers to see how a site will perform. Load testing can measure things such as page load speed and lags when many customers try to use your app or site at the same time. It can also measure how the system performs with large data requests or data transfers.
In this guide, we’ll cover:
- What is load testing software?
- Common features of load testing software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits and potential issues
- Pricing and purchasing options
- Market trends to understand
What is load testing software?
Load testing software enables you to perform load testing on your software applications to measure the system's behavior when handling different amounts of activity. Essentially, this type of software simulates an environment with a large number of users, and allows organizations to understand what applications are performing well under a real-time user load.
Common features of load testing software
|Load scenarios||Create scenarios that can be used to manage testing environments.|
|Performance testing||Check if your applications or web browsers are running as expected.|
|Testing scripts||Use pre-written scripts that simulate situations within each test.|
|API testing||Test specific APIs to determine if systems are properly functioning.|
|Bottleneck identification||Detect areas where test errors occur.|
|Mobile testing||Test the ability of mobile applications.|
|Reporting/analytics||View and track metrics.|
What type of buyer are you?
- SaaS companies: Load testing is most commonly used by software developers. Any company that develops or maintains an application would be advised to use load testing software, especially those that want to scale and grow their companies.
- Ecommerce companies: Ecommerce companies that expect a large volume of sales may also want to invest in load testing software to ensure they don’t suffer any downtime issues that could lead to poor customer experience and prevent repeat purchases.
Benefits and potential issues
There are three main benefits to using load testing software:
- Save money: One of the primary benefits of load testing software is that it can save your company a large amount of money. When customers experience downtime on your app, it can translate to thousands of dollars lost per minute. If you can identify where bottlenecks or breaks will occur before you launch your app, then shore up your software to anticipate this issue, it can save your company money.
- Protect your brand image: Load testing software helps protect against the poor customer experience and lost trust in your brand that can come from downtime. This perception might be difficult to quantify, but can severely harm your company’s success in the long run.
- Know what it takes to scale: If you know your software or website’s limits, it can also help you understand what it takes to scale if you want to grow your company over time.
Ultimately, load testing software allows you to test how your application performs with a large number of users by creating a simulation, without actually having to recruit that many real users to test your platform. This can be beneficial when you’re launching new software or getting ready to scale your company.
Pricing and purchasing options
Free versus paid load testing: You may be wondering which is right for you: a free vs. paid load testing software platform. Both tools have their pros and cons. Open source load testing tools exist for free, but they may not have all the functionality or features you need. It’s also possible to do load testing manually if you’re tech savvy and are testing a small number of users (say 1 to 10) but for anything where you want to flood your system to test bottlenecks, you’ll most likely need to invest in paid load testing software.
Market trends to understand
- More functionality means more load testing: As developers are able to create more solutions and better functionality through open source software and combining code from many different sources, they may not always know how this software will affect user experience in an app. It’s important to test how an app functions at the extreme end of the spectrum. It’s almost impossible to create this type of testing environment without cloud-based software that allows you to simulate a large amount of load.
- Emphasis on better user experience: Tech professionals are continuing to emphasize the importance of good user experience and its impact on improved product adoption and retention. Performance testing, and especially load testing, is one of the ways you can help ensure a positive user experience for your product.