Language Learning Software
Showing 1 - 17 of 17 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Rosetta Stone Enterprise
Rosetta Stone Enterprise
Rosetta Stone Enterprise is a learning management solution that helps businesses in the retail, manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, construction and consulting industry utilize the self-paced and blended learning methodology t...Read more about Rosetta Stone Enterprise
Duolingo is a learning management system designed to help schools provide language lessons and track learners’ progress. The platform enables students to read, write, listen and speak languages via online lessons on a unified inte...Read more about Duolingo
Open English is a cloud-based solution designed to help businesses deliver personalized learning courses to employees, streamlining training management processes. Professionals can use the dashboard to track the number of active s...Read more about Open English
Busuu is a language learning platform that helps students and corporate employees learn various languages such as English, Polish, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and more through integrated courses and training programs. It allows t...Read more about Busuu
Mango is a learning management system (LMS), which enables businesses, libraries, government organizations and educational institutions to offer language training to employees, students and other associates via online courses, les...Read more about Mango
OpenSesame is an elearning course provider that offers more than 20,000 courses covering business skills, safety, compliance, technology, industry-specific and certifications, and it is suitable for the training needs of organizat...Read more about OpenSesame
mondlyWORKS is a learning management solution that enables businesses to offer language learning courses for English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Hindi, Russian, Korean, and more. With the speech recognition tools, employees ...Read more about mondlyWORKS
LearnCube Virtual Classroom is a cloud-based learning management tool suitable for organizations of all sizes, both corporate and educational. LearnCube offers live video and audio support, various classroom communication tools, c...Read more about LearnCube
7Speaking is a cloud-based linguistic training platform that helps businesses streamline social learning, gamification and employee experience activities via a unified platform. The application allows organizations to provide lang...Read more about 7Speaking
Yabla is a language learning platform for individual users, students, and schools. It is available for teaching and learning English, Spanish, French, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, and German at all levels. The platform includes diff...Read more about Yabla
SoapBox Labs’ speech recognition technology is built for kids ages 2 to 12. SoapBox’s mission is to transform play and learning experiences for kids using speech recognition. SoapBox’s low-code, independent, and proprietary techn...Read more about SoapBox
CAE Learning Suite
CAE Learning Suite
CAE Learning Suite is a web-based training platform designed to help language centers, primary and secondary schools, vocational trainers, and tutors create, customize, modify and digitize language courses, quizzes, eBooks and lea...Read more about CAE Learning Suite
Hack Chinese is a professional language learning software designed to help students learn the Chinese language and grow their ocabulary. It enables students to an advanced level of Chinese proficiency and improves learning capabi...Read more about Hack Chinese
LearnSOFT LLMS is a learning management software that helps educational institutions including schools and colleges streamline language learning and course management processes across devices. Administrators can add content in var...Read more about LearnSOFT LLMS
Kahoot! is a learning management system (LMS), which helps schools and higher education institutions create games, interact with students via online sessions, streamline remote learning processes and track class progress via forma...Read more about Kahoot!
Babbel for Business
Babbel for Business
Babbel is a language learning solution, which enables businesses and professionals to improve their language skills using blended learning, live and video sessions. Using Babbel's admin portal, managers can track employees learni...Read more about Babbel for Business
ELSA Speak is an English-speaking application that helps businesses utilize AI-based tools to recognize speech, evaluate and give feedback on language pronunciation and fluency. With ELSA, your team can speak English like a native...Read more about ELSA Speak
Popular Language Learning Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: January 20, 2022
Being multilingual is important for your business to gain world-wide exposure and helps businesses that are operating from multiple geographical locations to better understand the global market along with the consumer perspective.
If your business deals with international clients, then you can leverage language learning software to help your employees gain multilingual skills to enhance communication with your customers, which will help you get better deals and increase sales. The software allows you to customize the language training program and align it with your business requirements, helping achieve the desired results.
In this buyers guide, we will explain what a language learning software is, its common features, some considerations to help make informed purchase decisions, and upcoming technology trends in the market.
Here's what we'll cover:
- What is language learning software?
- Common features of language learning software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of language learning software
- Key considerations when selecting language learning software
- Market trends to understand
What is language learning software?
Language learning software is a tool that facilitates the learning of new languages. It is based on a learning management system that offers self-paced or instructor-based learning programs. The software makes the process of learning another language available to everyone and flexible enough to fit in a busy schedule. Its learning modules are designed to help users increase their fluency of a language as well as continue to maintain linguistic skills for the long run.
The software focuses on LSRW (learning, speaking, reading, and writing) skills and offers interactive exercises, activities, test papers, and recorded sessions to learn from.
This type of software is used by both small and large scale enterprises in the education, hospitality, travel, and corporate sector for employees to be trained in multiple languages that are critical for meeting specific business goals.
Common features of language learning software
|Audio library||Leverage audiobooks to better understand the correct pronunciation of words used in different languages.|
|Built-in course authoring||Create interactive exercises and quizzes on the same platform without involving any third-party language learning app or services.|
|Multi-language learning||Learn single or multiple languages based on your business’s goals and requirements.|
|Gamification||Track your progress, earn rewards for correct answers, level up on your skill tree, and more for fun and interactive learning.|
|Gradebook||Access the gradebook to track the completion of the sessions and assessments, and analyze the effectiveness of the learning module.|
What type of buyer are you?
The buyers’ category for language learning software can be categorized into the following.
- Educators: You need to be a subject matter expert in order to guide others, so it’s important to strengthen your skills in the language first and then start training others.
An instructor-based language learning that offers certification is essential for you to effectively train students. You can leverage a fully-featured language software that focuses on 4-skill integration (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) to deliver lessons, conduct assessments, and analyze students’ progress.
- Corporate employees: A corporate employee is required to interact with teams within and across departments. This makes it essential for such professionals to understand the language(s) being used in a business setting, especially in the case of multicultural or multilingual workplaces.
As a multinational corporate employee, you will need instructor-based language training with detailed lessons and assessments. This will help you work on your language skills from the basics to fluency in the target language.
- Translator/interpreter: Professional translators or interpreters are expected to be multilingual or bilingual to communicate with business clients. They specialize in one or two languages in addition to their native language.
If you belong to this buyer category, a fully-featured instructor-based language learning software with course customization, activities, and gradebooks would be ideal. It will help you strengthen your fundamentals of the target language(s) and also analyze the progress through detailed real-time reports and gradebooks.
- Customer service representative: As a customer service representative, you will likely be talking to people from different geographical locations in your country as well as abroad. This makes it important for you to get trained in different languages to ensure correct problem identification and to deliver effective solutions.
A language software with a speech recognition feature would be suitable for you as it will help work on your pronunciation along with the basics of reading and writing if required.
- Hospitality manager: As a global hospitality manager, you are responsible for dealing with customers that speak in different languages, while working in different geographical locations. Besides, you also need to build customer relationships, which you can do by leveraging language learning software.
A basic self-paced language training program would work best for you to effectively communicate with the customers and cater to their needs.
Benefits of language learning software
- Learner management and progress monitoring: With a language learning software that is based on a learning management system, stakeholders can track and monitor the progress of learners. This is possible with the help of an intuitive dashboard that provides a list of registered learners along with their training progress.
- Unique learning experiences: With features such as gamification, the software facilitates fun and engaging learning experiences. There are exercises, quizzes, flashcards, and an audio library for learners to have an interactive experience, which will ensure greater efficiency.
- Customized learning modules: Language learning software offers programs that are customized to suit the business requirements such as travel or career advancement. These custom-built modules provide training at micro and macro levels on the preferred language. The levels are further broken down into sub-modules, making it easier to learn and adapt.
- Connect with co-learners: Peer learning is a powerful tool for language learning. A learner can connect with a co-learner on the same platform who is either a native speaker of the target language or is pursuing the same program. Encouraging peer learning not only provides opportunities to practice the language but also builds a community of learners with similar interests and goals.
Key considerations when purchasing language learning software
- 4-skill integration: Look for a language learning software with 4-skill integration (reading, writing, listening, and speaking). This will serve as a 360-degree learning platform and stimulate the learning process, giving an effective learning outcome.
- All-in-one module: This software integrates learning a new language along with taking assessments and generating reports, as this will help analyze your learning progress and performance. Look for a language learning software with features such as interactive activities, quizzes, and performance reports that make it easy to do everything you need in one place.
- Real-time reports: Real-time evaluation allows language learners to analyze their progress and performance. It helps you understand what strategies work best and where improvements are required each time an assessment is taken.
- Speech recognition: Learning a new language is not just about writing—it is about how well one communicates the message to the end-user. This is why it’s important to make sure your software has a speech recognition feature that helps improve the learner’s pronunciation of a foreign language and ensures fluency in communication.
Market trends to understand
Here are a few upcoming industry trends that you must be aware of:
- Language learning powered by AI: Artificial intelligence (AI) is already prevalent in the e-learning market. An AI-powered language learning software will have the ability to adapt to individual learning needs, provide instant feedback, and redefine the learning experience with detailed metrics and reports on the effectiveness of each training module. While some of the language learning software companies have made their move into this space early on, others are preparing to employ the technology over time.
- Get your virtual language teacher: With the rise of augmented reality (AR) in various industries, e-learning is also set to adapt the technology and deliver more interactive learning experiences than what exists today. AR-powered language learning software will enable learning outside the books. Learners can have their virtual teacher, use the entire world as their classroom, and even practice real-life conversations.
Note: The applications mentioned in this guide are examples to show a feature in context and are not intended as an endorsement or recommendation. It has been taken from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.