Employee Monitoring Software
Showing 1 - 20 of 96 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Teramind offers employee monitoring, insider threat detection, and data loss prevention (DLP) solutions. Teramind UAM monitors user activities on applications, websites, file systems, network, email, social media and more. Behavio...Read more about Teramind
FocusRO is an employee monitoring solution designed to help businesses track employees’ productivity and workspace distractions to ensure the appropriate use of corporate resources. Managers can utilize machine learning technology...Read more about FocusRO
ClickUp is a cloud-based collaboration and project management tool suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. Features include communication and collaboration tools, task assignments and statuses, alerts and a task toolb...Read more about ClickUp
Monitask is a cloud-based employee monitoring solution for businesses, freelancers, and contractors. With this solution, business owners and/or managers can access and track employee screenshots, mouse/keyboard activity, online ti...Read more about Monitask
Timely is a project management software, which helps businesses of all sizes allot and schedule tasks to team members and track deliverables to visualize projects. It allows administrators to balance resources across various clien...Read more about Timely
Time Doctor is a cloud-based time tracking and management solution used by businesses for monitoring workforce productivity. It offers tools for time tracking, web activity monitoring, payroll management and reporting. Time D...Read more about Time Doctor
Clockify is a cloud-based time tracking solution designed to help businesses monitor employee productivity, attendance and billable hours. Key features include time audit, reminders, data export, customizable reporting and permiss...Read more about Clockify
Designed for businesses of all sizes, pcInformant is an on-premise platform that helps monitor computer activities through HTML reporting, email log files, screenshot logger, report delivery and scheduled tracking. Key features in...Read more about pcInformant
Aeroadmin is an on-premise remote support platform. This solution allows businesses to provide remote support for IT tasks as well as monitor employee activity. Aeroadmin’s contact book feature allows users to store remote compute...Read more about AeroAdmin
Whether businesses are starting up a new team or looking for a better way to manage employees, Hubstaff has everything required to run teams confidently. With the innovative and robust time tracking and task management solution, e...Read more about Hubstaff
InterGuard is an employee monitoring solution that helps businesses track activities across emails, social media and web browsing platforms. It allows users to automatically take screenshots when predefined keywords are typed or v...Read more about InterGuard
SoftActivity Monitor is a cloud-based employee monitoring solution that helps businesses track staff activities to protect enterprise systems from internal threats. Key features include internet usage monitoring, screen activity r...Read more about SoftActivity Monitor
ActivTrak helps companies unlock productivity potential. Our award-winning workforce analytics and productivity management software provides expert insights that empower people, optimize processes, and maximize technology. Addit...Read more about ActivTrak
TheOneSpy is a remote monitoring solution that helps both businesses and parents monitor activities performed by employees and kids on devices. Users can track the live location of target devices and access call logs to retrieve t...Read more about TheOneSpy
EmpMonitor is a cloud-based workforce productivity & engagement analytics tool. It enables the employers to have 360 degree observation over employee activities. The tool comes with industry-leading features coupled with project m...Read more about EmpMonitor
Toggl Track is a cloud-based time tracking solution for teams of 1 to 1000. Getting started is as easy as clicking the start button on the timer. Users can track work tasks to evaluate their productivity or calculate the profitabi...Read more about Toggl Track
WebWork Time Tracker
WebWork Time Tracker
WebWork Time Tracker is a time tracking solution for freelancers and remote teams of different types and sizes. It is available as a cloud-based and on-premise solution and offers mobile applications for Android and iOS. Features ...Read more about WebWork Time Tracker
DeskTrack is an automated time tracking tool that records desktop activity by keeping track of applications opened, URLs browsed, and files. The DeskTrack platform helps identify work completed versus distractions, helping teams s...Read more about DeskTrack
Vision is a cloud-based solution built to help businesses in Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology, Government, and Manufacturing monitor and track employee activity. Vision allows leaders/managers to select which employee ac...Read more about Veriato Vision
Work Examiner is an employee monitoring software built for businesses of any size to track employee productivity. It can be deployed on the cloud or on-premise. Work Examiner is suited for businesses looking to monitor in-house as...Read more about WE Controlio
Popular Employee Monitoring Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: March 27, 2022
There are several reasons why an organization should think about monitoring the online activities of its employees. Most important of those is the need to shield business data against vulnerabilities due to negligent data handling practices.
Research shows that 99% of employees admit to following potentially risky practices such as sending work documents to their private emails or storing business account credentials. These actions weaken data protection policies and increase the likelihood of data breaches.
Additionally, an organization can look at employee monitoring for operational requirements such as tracking employee productivity and the time spent on tasks or projects.
But monitoring employee activities without relevant technology is virtually impossible. It can only be done effectively if you use employee monitoring software.
This buyers guide discusses the basics of this category of tools and informs on things to keep in mind when exploring the market for options.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is employee monitoring software?
- Common features of employee monitoring software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of employee monitoring software
- Key considerations for buying employee monitoring software
What is employee monitoring software?
Employee monitoring software is a tool that helps businesses track employee activity on computers or mobile devices.
The tool offers surveillance functionalities such as keystroke logging (tracking keyboard activity), location tracking, monitoring internet usage, tracking email and social media activity, and wiretapping.
Common features of employee monitoring software
In this section, we’ll look at some common features of employee monitoring software. These features will help you understand the basic capabilities a solution must offer for effective employee monitoring.
|Activity monitoring||Track real-time activities of employees on multiple devices. This includes tracking their emails, keystrokes, web browsing, idle time, browsing history, etc.|
|Screen activity monitoring||Maintain video records and take screenshots of employees’ device screens for future reference.|
|Time tracking||Track the time employees spend on specific tasks, applications, and projects.|
|Productivity analysis||Turn data obtained on employee and team productivity into visual and interactive reports/graphs.|
|Screen recording||Record on-screen activity while sharing the screen. This helps audit activity and maintain screen recordings for future reference.|
|Alerts and notifications||Receive in-app and email notifications when employees indulge in prohibited tasks or access specific applications/web pages.|
What type of buyer are you?
There are two major types of buyers of employee monitoring software. They differ based on the requirements and primary concerns.
- Buyers looking for specialized tools: The need for surveillance varies with the business. While one business may wish to monitor outgoing emails, another could be interested in tracking productive hours. Buyers looking for specific surveillance requirements may opt for specialized tools such as email monitoring tools and data loss prevention tools.
- Buyers looking for all-in-one tools: Buyers that want comprehensive surveillance of employee activities could go for all-in-one monitoring tools. These tools help track a host of activities ranging from web browsing, outgoing emails, and keyboard logging.
Benefits of employee monitoring software
The following benefits enlist the business functions that are positively impacted by the tool:
- Gain greater oversight: The tool helps managers and decision-makers gain greater visibility into employee behavior, productivity, and areas of potential risk. This information can be useful in taking important decisions such as how to allocate tasks among employees and which vulnerable areas need additional data protection measures.
- Encourage appropriate behavior: The tool helps managers monitor if employees are accessing websites deemed inappropriate by the business, such as social media or eCommerce sites. Using the tool, managers can also monitor if employees are indulging in unethical behavior such as sharing sensitive business data externally or mishandling business account credentials.
- Improve productivity tracking: While managers may struggle to track when employees start on a task or how much time they actually spend on it, employees may struggle to pinpoint why certain tasks took more time to complete. In such scenarios, employee monitoring tools can help track actual productivity rates and the areas of productivity drain.
Key considerations for selecting employee monitoring software
As the last step to selecting a tool, keep a few additional factors in mind. These will help select a tool that is best suited to your business goals:
- Data privacy: Check with the legal team about the data privacy obligations and limitations of employee surveillance. Accordingly, you may need to comply with laws such as the GDPR and HIPAA. Ignoring the legal aspect of employee privacy or mishandling employee data could have adverse consequences for the business.
- Need analysis: Before shortlisting tools, conduct a need analysis to identify pain points that the intended software needs to resolve. This will help you determine the key features you should look for.
- Product demo: It helps to take product demos before making a purchase. Demos can provide deeper insights into the product’s interface and how its functionalities play out in the real world. They are also a great opportunity to test the tool and clarify queries with the vendor.
Note: The applications selected in this article are examples to show a feature in context and are not intended as endorsements or recommendations. They have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.