Career Management Software
Showing 1 - 20 of 21 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
CompetencyCore is a cloud-based human resource management (HRM) solution that provides talent management capabilities, including tools to help users identify talent needs, evaluate employee skills and address deficiencies in those...Read more about CompetencyCore
Learn Amp is a career management software that helps businesses create and share learning programs with employees to drive engagement. Key features include customizable templates, drag-and-drop interface, learning pathways, assess...Read more about Learn Amp
Lattice is a cloud-based performance management solution for HR professionals across multiple industries. Businesses and enterprise-level corporations can customize the solution to suit their requirements. Core functionalities inc...Read more about Lattice
Hitch is a web-based talent mobility and intelligence solution, designed to help large businesses build teams, reskill and upskill workforce and generate career plans. Hitch enables HR managers to match candidates and provide re...Read more about Hitch
Insala Career Management
Insala Career Management
Insala Career Management is a human resource and career management solution that is designed for businesses in several industry segments, such as healthcare, legal, professional services, finance, manufacturing, retail, technology...Read more about Insala Career Management
TalentGuard’s integrated cloud-based talent management suite offers tools to automate performance management, 360-degree feedback, career pathing, succession planning, certification tracking and more to engage, develop and retain ...Read more about TalentGuard
Paycor creates Human Capital Management (HCM) software for leaders who want to make a difference. Our HCM platform modernizes every aspect of people management, from the way you recruit, onboard and develop people, to the way you ...Read more about Paycor
Ensuring that your people support your most important KPIs can be challenging. However, the right performance management software makes it easier to define success for your organization and connect employees to your mission. Corne...Read more about Cornerstone Performance
Career Paths is a cloud-based platform that allows businesses to help job seekers plan and streamline career management processes. Members can use the application to view various job titles with their descriptions, skillsets and o...Read more about Career Paths
Workday HCM assists global businesses of all sizes in a variety of industry verticals with workforce planning, analysis, and execution. Workday delivers user and administrative tools such as financial management, HR planning, tale...Read more about Workday HCM
Leapsome is an HR platform that combines features for all the performance management, employee engagement, and employee development needs of small to large organizations. The platform offers tools to align, enable and develop empl...Read more about Leapsome
entomo is a cloud-based business performance management software designed to help businesses monitor employee engagement, define goals, and handle competencies, career, remote and distributed teams. The platform lets organizations...Read more about entomo
Schoox transforms learning into business growth. Our SaaS learning platform and course marketplace help companies accelerate business results by unlocking employee potential, boosting customer retention, and driving reseller reven...Read more about Schoox
Paddle is artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled talent management and succession planning solution designed to help businesses analyze, measure and build skills, create career paths, manage internal mobility processes and more to r...Read more about Paddle
FlowIT is a people development solution that helps organizations manage their resources, from onboarding to succession planning. FlowIT's platform takes a collaborative approach to talent management and gives insights into where ...Read more about FLOWIT
Self-Directed Learning Engine
Self-Directed Learning Engine
Self-Directed Learning Engine (SDLE) is a learning experience platform designed to deliver personalized learning in the flow of work. Once data is loaded into the SDLE, users automate personalized, competency-based learning for...Read more about Self-Directed Learning Engine
Pando features built-in levels, competency-based development plans, and contextualized feedback and assessments. It enables managers to easily calibrate and handle their team's performance throughout the year....Read more about Pando
Aidemy Business is an online learning platform that helps Japanese companies train HR professionals on digital transformation (DX). To assist with DX education and reskilling, this solution offers 150+ courses designed to train HR...Read more about Aidemy Business
Twiser is a people-oriented OKR performance management platform for growing start-ups and mid-size businesses to large enterprises. With Twiser, businesses can streamline and improve their workflow by setting clear and aligned i...Read more about Twiser
HR-ON Staff is the only tool you need in your HR department. It is created to make HR professionals' jobs easier, more automatic and streamlined. Processes are made to be created once and repeated over and over again. HR-ON Staf...Read more about HR-ON Staff
Popular Career Management Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: May 16, 2022
One of the most pressing conflicts that organizations face today is employee turnover. Low staff retention rates negatively impact morale, engagement, and productivity rates. Typically, lack of internal growth and career development opportunities are the cause of high employee turnover.
It's crucial for small businesses and midsize enterprises to support their staff by providing them with a centralized platform to develop, track, and monitor their career development goals.
This guide will help you understand the various factors that must be considered when choosing a career management software solution.
Here’s what we'll cover:
- What is career management software?
- Common features of career management software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of career management software
- Key considerations for purchasing career management software
- Market trends to understand
What is career management software?
Career management software helps organizations support their employeesʻ individual career development by providing self-assessment tools, predictive analytics and reporting, networking opportunities, and other features.
Career management platforms also enable human resource professionals to discover internal talent, track employee skills development, monitor staff experience, and assess employee performance on a secure, centralized platform.
Common features of career management software
While features vary from product to product, career management software typically offers some or all of the following functionality:
|Goal setting and tracking||Establish measurable goals and objectives and track their progress over a specific period of time.|
|Performance management||Organize and manage the accomplishments and development of employees over time.|
|Skills assessment||Observe employees over a period of time to gain an understanding of their ability to demonstrate certain skills. Use these insights to identify potential areas of improvement and correct knowledge gaps.|
|Activity dashboard||Access a centralized dashboard that provides an overview of employee career advancement activities, such as the progression of employee training activities, employee skills assessments and other key performance indicators related to the advancement of staff careers.|
|Alerts and notifications||View alerts and notifications within the system.|
|Customizable forms||Customize your contracts and forms so that customers can become closer associated with your brand.|
|Employee database||Store staff contact information and job statuses in a secure electronic database.|
|Employee portal||Access an online gateway through which employees can access and track their own information and metrics.|
|Feedback management||Collect and analyze feedback and reactions from end-users.|
|Reporting and statistics||View and track quantitative data through detailed reports.|
What type of buyer are you?
- Small businesses (fewer than 100 employees): These buyers are typically smaller companies that understand how employee development directly impacts the growth and profitability of their business. Smaller businesses usually do not have extensive resources to recruit new employees and recognize that offering a career development program will help attract and retain new talent for their small business. Such buyers should look for a career management software that sends frequent alerts and notifications to employees that help establish a shared vision amongst staff regarding the benefits of skills development and how it contributes to company growth.
- Midsize enterprises (100 to 999 employees): These buyers are looking to retain their top performers and foster loyalty among their staff. In addition to this, these buyers are looking to cultivate and maintain company culture by emphasizing future planning and evaluating growth opportunities, instead of seeking out new talent. Such buyers should look for career management solutions that offer analytical reporting to better understand their employeesʻ capacity for growth.
Benefits of career management software
- Ensures appropriate employee placement: When a business understands their employees’ strengths, weaknesses, goals, and aspirations, they are better equipped to place them. Career management software allows managers to accurately assess and track the progression of employee skills and competencies to provide insight on if employees need additional training, adjusted placement or even a promotion.
- Boosts workplace engagement: When the engagement of a companyʻs employees is left unchecked, employees may begin to display negative workplace attitudes and behaviors. Regularly implementing training initiatives via a career management software solution will help prevent negative workplace behaviors and instead emphasize positive development opportunities for employees, improving staff productivity, and workplace attitudes.
- Enables the development of future leaders: Targeting future leaders within your organization is crucial when looking to grow or maintain a successful business. Career management software enables current managers to pinpoint the employees that exude management potential through skills assessments and analytic reporting.
- Empowers employees: Career development software solutions enable employees to feel a greater sense of value and confidence in their work, which ultimately leads to a greater sense of workplace autonomy. When employees are confident in their skills and can practice good decision making in the workplace, they add to the success of key workflows with an organization.
Key considerations for purchasing career management software
With so many career development software solutions available on the market today, trying to choose the right platform for your business can seem overwhelming. Consider the following when looking to purchase career management software:
- Alignment with business goals: When choosing a career management software for your company, be sure to note what your businessʻs short-term and long-term goals are for employees. Is your business looking to mold management from within? Or are you looking to simply empower your employees to learn and grow new skill sets independently? Whatever your organizationʻs intent is, be sure it aligns with the capabilities of your career development solution of choice.
- Learning management system integrations: Learning management systems (LMS) can help enrich employee skills training and development. If your business already has a LMS in place, be sure to ask your software vendor if their software solution will be able to integrate with it.
- Accessibility: It's crucial to pick a career development platform that is easy for both management and employees to access and use. Some career development platforms offer mobile applications and offline access. Find out if your staff would benefit from these accessibility features.
Market trends to understand
As the distinctions between career development programs and training programs begin to blur, organizations must understand the difference between the two.
According to Gartner, training is “the planned effort by an organization to facilitate employee learning of job-related skills.” These training programs focus on the short-term, and typically only train employees to increase their performance at their current position. On the contrary, development (as defined by Gartner) is “the acquisition of knowledge and skills that may improve the ability of employees to meet challenges in current or future jobs.”
Although some training programs offer a wide variety of skills development courses, career management solutions focus heavily on helping employees develop long-term skill sets like communication and leadership skills to optimize their career growth in both their current and future positions.