Find the best Absence Management Software
Showing 1 - 20 of 161 products
Reviews: Sorts listings by the number of user reviews we have published, greatest to least.
Sponsored: Sorts listings by software vendors running active bidding campaigns, from the highest to lowest bid. Vendors who have paid for placement have a ‘Visit Website’ button, whereas unpaid vendors have a ‘Learn More’ button.
Avg Rating: Sorts listings by overall star rating based on user reviews, highest to lowest.
A to Z: Sorts listings by product name from A to Z.
Shifton employee and work scheduling solutions includes features from shift planning to task management, available anywhere and secure. with Shifton you can * plan shifts and breaks * manage vacations * calculate salary * fine-t...Read more about Shifton
The 100% free time tracking software, used by thousands around the world including Tesla, Pizza Hut, Hyundai, the UK'S National Health Service, and Skanska. It's free for unlimited users. Instant facial recognition and GPS allow...Read more about Jibble
Kissflow is a cloud-based forms automation solution offered by OrangeScape Technologies that automate business processes and tracks performance. It is suitable for business of all sizes and industries. Kissflow helps initiate...Read more about Kissflow
BizMerlinHR is a cloud-based human resource management solution that helps mid to large enterprises manage the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding to comprehensive employee records to performance management to team retentio...Read more about BizMerlinHR
Calamari is a cloud-based human resources solution that offers two modules: leave management and clock in/out services. The software is suitable for small to midsize businesses in any industry and offers Android and iOS mobile app...Read more about Calamari
Ascentis offers a cloud-based human capital management (HCM) suite designed for midsize companies of all industries. It includes HR and benefits, recruiting and onboarding, talent management, time and attendance and payroll. ...Read more about Ascentis
Mitrefinch is a provider of workforce management solutions suited for medium to large organizations. This custom tailored solution includes time and attendance management, self-service, employee scheduling, absence management and ...Read more about Mitrefinch
Deputy is a cloud-based human resource management (HRM) solution that provides employee management and scheduling functionalities. Deputy's rostering application can calculate overtime and provide capabilities to schedule staff. I...Read more about Deputy
The WorkForce Suite, by WorkForce Software, is a mobile first, cloud-based modern workforce management solution with integrated employee communications and collaboration capabilities. The WorkForce Suite helps global enterprise or...Read more about WorkForce Suite
Designed for 100 - 5,000 employees and trusted by thousands of HR professionals worldwide, Cezanne HR is a modern feature-rich human resource (HR) solution for UK & global businesses. Purposely designed to be quick to implement, e...Read more about Cezanne HR
HRLocker allows customers to carry out human resources management functions and lets companies concentrate on strategic decisions and productivity. The platform automates features like timesheets, holiday and absence management, t...Read more about HRLocker
Buddy Punch is a cloud-based time clock solution suitable for businesses of all sizes. Key features include overtime calculating, GPS tracking, PTO accrual, time card approval and job costing. Buddy Punch enables employees to...Read more about Buddy Punch
eSchedule is a cloud-based employee scheduling solution for small and medium businesses that helps users reduce time spent creating and sharing employee schedules. It allows managers to make schedule changes from multiple location...Read more about eSchedule
CIPHR is a cloud-based human resource management solution that helps businesses across various industry verticals manage daily HR processes. It combines multiple HR functions like storing employee data, payroll, recruitment and at...Read more about Ciphr
Breathe is an award-winning software company which develops online tools that help business owners reduce time spent on HR admin and do away with paper records and spreadsheets. More than 6,000 UK small businesses and charities us...Read more about Breathe
Tanda caters to multiple industries including hospitality, education, manufacturing, medical, pharmacy, retail and warehousing. Primary features include employee onboarding, rostering, time clock attendance, leave management and p...Read more about Tanda
Employment Hero is a cloud-based human resource management (HRM) system for small and medium businesses on the up. The solution helps manage the entire employee lifecycle, with modules for recruitment, onboarding, payroll, time an...Read more about Employment Hero
Oracle Cloud HCM
Oracle Cloud HCM
Natively built for the cloud, Oracle Fusion Cloud Human Capital Management is a complete solution connecting every human resource process from hire to retire. This provides a consistent experience across devices, enables one sourc...Read more about Oracle Cloud HCM
Zoho People is a cloud-based human resource (HR) solution suitable for business of all sizes. The system features leave management, attendance management, time tracker, employee self-service, form customization and more. The solut...Read more about Zoho People
With modules for time and attendance, staff scheduling and more, Synerion Workforce Management Solutions suites are suitable for organizations of all sizes looking to cut labor costs and automate worker attendance. Able to b...Read more about Synerion
Popular Absence Management Software Comparisons
Buyers GuideLast Updated: November 22, 2022
Employee absenteeism leads to delayed timelines, reduced productivity, and lower workplace morale, all of which directly impact an organization’s operations and effectiveness. Absence management software can help businesses deal with absenteeism by tracking employee attendance and identifying absenteeism trends.
There are several absence management software available on the market, and choosing one that’s the right fit for your business can be difficult. We’ve created this buyers guide to help you choose software that caters to your requirements.
In this buyers guide, we’ll cover:
- What is absence management software?
- Common features of absence management software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of absence management software
- Key considerations for choosing absence management software
What is absence management software?
Absence management software is software that allows companies to track and manage employee absences. It assists in identifying patterns in absenteeism so that employers can communicate with the concerned employees and, if needed, the human resources (HR) department to reduce absenteeism. Employers can also create monthly attendance and leave reports to identify and reward employees with good attendance records.
This type of software also offers a self-service portal for employees. Using the portal, employees can submit time-off requests as well as track their leave balance and approvals. This self-service functionality helps to reduce employer and administrator workload.
Common features of absence management software
When purchasing absence management software, it’s essential to choose features that meet your specific needs. Here are some of the common features offered by absence management software:
|Approval process control||Route absence requests to employee managers and control who can approve or deny requests.|
|Calendar management||Use a centralized calendar to track employees’ leave balance and approve absence requests as needed.|
|Employee scheduling||Create weekly and monthly rosters to schedule employee shifts and work hours.|
|Reporting||Generate reports for clock-in clock-out time, absence patterns, and assigned tasks.|
|FMLA tracking||Track employees’ work hours and receive alerts about compliance with Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) guidelines.|
What type of buyer are you?
Based on the number of employees to be managed, absence management software buyers can be divided into two broad categories: small businesses and midsize and large businesses. Let’s read more about both types.
- Small businesses (fewer than 200 employees): Small businesses have fewer employees and tend to use manual methods, such as spreadsheets and paper-based records, to track absenteeism. Manual processes can be time-consuming for HR personnel as well as employee managers. Also, a single error in records can lead to an FMLA violation. A standard software tool with a self-service portal, leave accrual and paid time off (PTO) tracking, and FMLA compliance management can help small businesses automate absence management processes and remain compliant.
- Midsize and large businesses (200 employees or more): Midsize and large businesses have more employees and are required to implement formal absence management programs. These companies also need insights into employee absenteeism trends to introduce changes in existing programs when necessary. In addition to the features mentioned for small businesses, large and midsize businesses should opt for software that can integrate with their current employee collaboration, project management, and payroll management applications as well as generate detailed attendance reports that highlight absenteeism trends.
Benefits of absence management software
Understanding the benefits of absence management software will help you decide if the software can help your business manage absenteeism better. Listed below are a few key benefits offered by the software.
- Lower administrative workload: Manually approving leave requests and tracking employee leave balance can be time-consuming for managers as well as HR administrators. Absence management software offers self-service portals that employees can use to submit leave requests. These requests are then routed to respective employee managers who can approve or reject them with a single click.
- Improved workflow management: Absence management software provides a centralized leave calendar that displays the planned time off for all members of a team. Accordingly, managers can ask members to prioritize pending tasks or shuffle the work queue to ensure deadlines aren’t missed and project timelines are maintained. Prior knowledge of upcoming leave also helps managers inform other employees if they need to fill in for a colleague who is on leave.
- Reduced absenteeism: Absence management software generates reports that help management identify absence trends and brainstorm on how to reduce absenteeism. Accordingly, measures to improve employee attendance, such as rewarding employees with good attendance records, can be introduced.
Key considerations for choosing absence management software
Now that you’ve read about the benefits and key features of absence management software, here are a few things you should consider while choosing software for your business.
- Integration with existing HR system: Absence management software tracks employee work hours, clock-in clock-out time, and attendance. These details are also required for payroll calculations and employee records. Therefore, it’s essential to choose software that integrates easily with your existing HR system to ensure seamless access to employee records and past data.
- FMLA compliance management: Employer leave policies must comply with FMLA regulations, and any violation can lead to heavy penalties and legal claims. Since these regulations vary with geography, tracking related compliance requirements can be cumbersome. Absence management software that monitors FMLA compliance and sends alerts about violations will help your business ensure compliance.
- Mobile applications: Mobile-ready absence management software allows employee managers to approve or reject leave requests in real time. It also allows employees to apply for emergency leaves from anywhere, at any time. With a mobile application, managers can monitor such requests on the go and plan tasks accordingly.
If you wish to further understand the features and benefits of absence management software, you may fill out this form for an obligation-free consultation. Our advisors will listen to your requirements and help you in shortlist the most suitable options for your business.
Note: The application selected in this article is an example to show a feature in context and isn’t intended as an endorsement or recommendation. It has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.